SECTION 1 – WHAT INFORMATION SCALABLE PATH COLLECTS
Scalable Path collects the following information:
To access certain features of the Site (e.g., to create a profile or to track ongoing projects), you must create an account. When you create or edit this account, Scalable Path collects the personal information that you submit during that process, such as your name and your email address.
When you contact customer service, Scalable Path collects your name, email address, and other information submitted during that process. Scalable Path uses this information to address your concerns and to improve the Site.
[Delete this section if the site doesn’t use questionnaires/surveys/contests.] Scalable Path acquires information about you if you participate in questionnaires, surveys, or contests related to the Site. Participation in these events is voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether to disclose the related information. But if you choose to participate, the event’s administrator uses this information to determine winners, award prizes, and generally manage the event, as applicable. Scalable Path may also use this information to assist in the event’s administration, to monitor traffic, and to personalize and improve the Site.
Whenever anyone uses the Site, Scalable Path’s servers automatically collect certain information, such as the IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. Scalable Path uses this data to provide, measure, customize, develop, analyze, and improve the Site.
A cookie is a small text file that is transferred to your computer (including mobile device) to identify that computer and to “remember” things about your visit, such as your preferences, user name, and password. Information in a cookie may be linked to personal information, such as your user ID. Scalable Path uses this information to improve the Site and to tailor recommendations to your interests. You can disable cookies at any time, although you may not be able to access or use certain features of the Site if you do so.
Clear Gifs (Web Beacons/Web Bugs).
Scalable Path uses, or its third-party tracking utility partners use, a software technology called clear gifs (or “Web Beacons” or “Web Bugs”) that help manage content on Scalable Path’s website by informing Scalable Path what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on webpages and emails and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Scalable Path may associate this information with your IP address or device identifier, but it does not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personal information.
When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access the Site, Scalable Path may access, collect, monitor, store on your device and remotely store “device identifiers”. Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device that uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device’s operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Scalable Path. A device identifier may deliver information to Scalable Path or to a third-party partner about how you use the Site and may help Scalable Path or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Site may not function properly if the device identifiers are impaired or disabled.
Social Media and Widgets.
Scalable Path may feature advertising within or related to the Site. The advertisers may collect and use information about you, such as your session activity, device identifier, MAC address, IMEI, geo-location information, and IP address. They may use this information to provide targeted advertisements. These third parties may deliver cookies to your computer so the content you access and advertisements you see can be tracked. Since the third-party advertising companies associate your computer with a number, they will be able to recognize your computer each time they send you an advertisement. These advertisers may use information about your visits to the Site and third-party sites and applications in order to measure advertisement performance and to provide targeted
SECTION 2 - USE OF INFORMATION
- To create user accounts and to provide the Site and related services and features (including connecting clients with designers, developers, and other contractors);
- To operate, customize, develop, analyze, and improve the Site (including related services and features);
- To understand your preferences to enhance your experience with the Site;
- To respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- To provide and deliver the products, services, and information that you request;
- To send you information related to the Site, including confirmations, receipts, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To communicate with you about promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Scalable Path and its selected partners;
- To diagnose and fix technology problems;
- To combine your information with other information that Scalable Path gets from third parties to help understand your preferences, to provide you with better services, and to help determine demographic and interest attributes about users; and
- To market to you, including by providing personalized ads.
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- Your Consent. Scalable Path may share your information with your consent, such as when you authorize Scalable Path to send your information to a third party. When you create an account as a developer, designer, or contractor, you are expressly consenting to Scalable Path sharing your information with other users, such as current and potential clients.
- Service Providers. Scalable Path may share your information with third parties that provide services on its behalf, including services related to ad serving, analytics, and promotion management. Unless otherwise stated in this policy, these service providers will be given access to your information only as is reasonably necessary to provide their services and under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- Law and Harm. Scalable Path may preserve or disclose your information if it believes that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, or legal request; to protect the safety of any person or entity; to address or investigate fraud, security, or technical issues; or to protect Scalable Path's rights or property, or the rights or property of its employees, agents, contractors, or affiliated companies.
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. Scalable Path may share your non-private, aggregated, or non-personal information (such as your public user profile, information, public content, or the number of users who clicked on a particular link) with advertisers, publishers, business partners, sponsors, and other third parties.
SECTION 4 – OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
SECTION 5 – COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
Scalable Path takes reasonable measures to protect your information from unauthorized access and against loss, misuse, and alteration by third parties. Although Scalable Path makes reasonable, good faith efforts to store the information collected through the Site in a private, secure operating environment, Scalable Path cannot guarantee its absolute security during its transmission or its storage. Further, while Scalable Path attempts to ensure the integrity and security of its network and systems, it cannot guarantee that its security measures will prevent third parties (e.g., “hackers”) from illegally accessing this information. Scalable Path does not warrant that your information will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties. No method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however. Therefore, Scalable Path cannot guarantee its security.
SECTION 6 – COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Scalable Path does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under 13, or knowingly allow children under 13 to use, access, or register for the Site. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to Scalable Path. No one under the age of 13 may provide to Scalable Path any personal information. In the event that Scalable Path learns that it has collected personal information from a child under 13, Scalable Path will delete that information as quickly as reasonably possible. If you believe that Scalable Path might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
SECTION 7 – DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Some web browsers offer a “Do No Track” (“DNT”) signal. A DNT signal is an HTTP header field indicating your preference regarding tracking or cross-site user tracking. Scalable Path does not respond to DNT signals. Scalable Path also works with third parties that use tracking technologies on the Site in order to provide tailored advertisements on Scalable Path’s behalf and on behalf of other advertisers across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your activity on the Site and your interaction with Scalable Path’s advertising and other communications, and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications.
SECTION 8 – UPDATING THIS POLICY
SECTION 9 – MODIFYING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of any information you submit to Scalable Path. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire to use the Site, you may change or delete your information by editing your account settings or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. Scalable Path will respond to your request within 30 days. However, even after you cancel your account or request that your personal information be deleted, some information from your account may remain viewable in some circumstances.
SECTION 10 – OPTING OUT OF MARKETING
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Scalable Path by following the instructions in those emails or by emailing email@example.com with your request. If you opt-out, Scalable Path may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails regarding your account or providing information that you have specifically requested.
SECTION 11 – DATA RETENTION
Scalable Path will retain your information for as long as needed to provide the Site. If you wish to cancel your account or request that Scalable Path no longer use your information to provide you services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Scalable Path will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements.
SECTION 12 – INTERNATIONAL VISITORS
Like many websites, the Site is accessed by an international audience, including visitors from the European Economic Area and other non-U.S. territories. By using the Site, you expressly agree that your personal information, and any information or materials that you submit to the Site, may be used for the purposes identified in this policy and the Terms of Service. In addition, such data may be stored on servers located outside your jurisdiction and in jurisdictions that may have less stringent privacy practices than your own. By using the Site, you expressly consent to the transfer of your data from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world, including to the United States, for use by Scalable Path and its affiliates for the purposes described herein.
SECTION 13 – YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request, once a year, free of charge, certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send a request to the contact information below.
SECTION 14 – CONTACT INFORMATION
Scalable Path, Inc.
500 Westover Dr #9092
Sanford, NC 27330
Effective: September 29, 2016