Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
- Time Commitment
- Start date
- As soon as possible
- Client Country & Timezone
- United StatesAmerica/Chicago
- Meeting time
- 9:30 am
- Client company description
- The company is a startup who is building a new booking app for sports facilities in the US.
- Expected contract duration: 1-3 months
- We think the project will take around 3 months of work full-time (more if part-time) to launch the first version of the product. It is likely that they will need someone long-term beyond that to maintain and extend the application.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be collaborating with the back-end team with building their new API.
- Design and create the database schema
- Implement the endpoints needed
- Increase test coverage by 70% by writing unit tests to an existing suite using Rspec
- Stress testing
- Penetration testing
The client plans to use PivotalTracker for task management and Discord for daily communication. Github will be used for source control.
- Relationships: Who you’ll be working with
- You will be reporting to a Senior Architect who is managing the project. You’ll also be interacting with a front-end developer.
- Preferred Regions
- The client's preference is for candidates to be located in Latin America, Canada or Europe