Senior PHP Developer
- Time Commitment
- Part-time(Approximately 4 hours/day)
- Start date
- As soon as possible
- Client Country & Timezone
- United StatesAmerica/Los Angeles (-08:00 PDT)
- Meeting time
- 9:00 am
- Client company description
- The client is a company with 10 years of experience building software tools for HR departments. They are now looking to migrate their existing Payroll Application to a more modern stack.
- Expected contract duration
- It is likely that they will need someone long-term beyond that to maintain and extend the application.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be collaborating with the back-end team with migrating their existing Payroll app to a modern PHP stack.
- Migrate our existing payroll API from Java to PHP
- Recommend a PHP framework (e.g. Symfony or Laravel) supporting libraries
- Set up automated deployment and CI/CD
- Optimize SQL queries that currently have performance issues
- Implement logging and monitoring tools to run health checks
- Create and write a suite of automated tests
- Coach the existing developers on the new tech stack and processes
The client uses Jira for task management and Slack for daily communication.
GitLab will be used for source control.
- Relationships: Who will you’ll be working with?
- You will be reporting to the CTO who is managing the project and you will also be working with a Front-end Developer and Back-end Developer.
- The client is flexible on the geographic location of the developer. Could be Latin America, Eastern Europe, Asia, etc.